Jackpot! 5 Booking Tips to Save on Las Vegas Getaways
Who doesn’t want to go to Las Vegas? With world-class entertainment, amazing dining, incomparable nightlife and luxury hotels all in one exciting place, it’s impossible to have a bad time. But living it up can bring the bank balance down. The experts at Vegas.com offer a few pointers to everyone on a budget. Here’s how to get the most bang for your buck in Vegas.
1. Put your bets on #TravelTuesday. Visit Las Vegas in the middle of the week. Mid-week rates can be up to 50 percent lower than weekend rates.
2. Don’t follow the pack. Book the week or weekend following major events and conventions such as Consumer Electronics Show, NASCAR or Electric Daisy Carnival, among others.
3. Break from the spring travel norm. Two of the slowest times of the year in Las Vegas are late March and late April. Try the week of March 30, following a busy month of holidays, spring break and college basketball. If you’re flexible on when you travel, these dates will have cheaper hotel rates.
4. Commit to a rate before the date. Utilize Vegas.com’s rate calendar to help find and compare the best times to visit. To access a hotel’s rate calendar, visit any hotel page on Vegas.com and click on the Rate Calendar tab.
5. Double down on the experience. Air and hotel packages or dinner and show packages are frequently cheaper than purchasing items separately. Be sure to check both individual and package rates to compare.
This article is part of our "Winter 2014" series. Want to read more?
Here's the full list»